Friday, June 5, 2009

Challenge No. 5 ~ Clear/Transparent things

I bought a Cuttlebug the other day from Hobby Lobby and I really like it; I should have gotten one sooner. I was going to get a Cricut, but since it doesn't emboss, I'm not sure I would use it often. I will probably end up purchasing one later.

Anyway, I just finished this cute little card to enter in the Copic Creations Challenge No.5. I love House Mouse and I purchased this stamp specifically for this challenge since the topic this time is something clear or transparent. I colored it using Copic sketch markers and embossed the cardstock with Cuttlebug folders. I used a clear sticker to cover the sentiment and cut out around it and placed it on the card with a 3D dot. The hardest part about it all was fighting the wind outside as I was trying to take a photo of the card, (the colors on my last card were washed out from my flash, I think).


I'm going to send this card to my grandmother to brighten her day. :)



10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Lynn, this is fabulous!! Your coloring is fantastic, and I love your little HM in the glass. The whole card is adorable. You're going to love your Cuttlebug. I know I love mine and won't part with it. The fun is just beginning.
    Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I am so jealous of how many markers you have....someday (sigh). I want to add I was having problems getting pics of my cards, too...I finally zoomed in with my lens and backed away with my camera to back the flash away. That really helped (don't know if that's your problem or not but thought I would let you know that).
    ....Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fantastic, love your colouring and that image is adorable.. wonderful job with the challenge. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your card! This is one of my favorite House Mouse images and you have colored it PERFECTLY!! I'm sure you Grandmother will love it. I'm soo glad you were able to join us on this challenge. Congrats on the CB! I use mine soooo much, especially with the Spellbinder Nestabilities - the fun is just beginning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, you NAILED this challenge with this cute image! It's absolutely perfect, and adorable!!! Thanks for joining us for the Copic Creations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these beautiful bright and fresh colors!! That is one of my favorite House Mouse images to color too - you did fabulous! Careful with that Cuttlebug, it's almost as addictive as the Copics! ;-) So glad you joined us in the Copics Creations challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OKAY...You totally made it right for me to go buy this stamp! ha ha! LOVE this image you chose..GREAT job on the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great image for this challenge. Made me smile! i'm sure your grandmother with love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Lynn! Great job on the colouring and what a cute image! Your grandmother will adore her card!

    ReplyDelete